So you want to learn Dutch, but you have no idea which course you should enroll for? Here is all the information you need.
Are you an absolute beginner, with zero knowledge of Dutch? You can enrol for our seven week Beginners A1 (A0 – A1), or for our ten day Intensive Beginners course (A0 – A2). There are no prerequisites for these courses and you don’t have to take a test. Grammar will be explained in English, if needed. Therefore a little knowledge of English is required!
Beginners A2 and higher
All our other course require knowledge of Dutch. Here are the prerequisites for our other courses.
• Beginners A2 (A1 – A2), required level of Dutch: A1 (some knowledge of English is needed)
• Intermediate B1 (A2 – B1), required level of Dutch: A2
• Intensive Intermediate B1 (A2 – B1), required level of Dutch: A2
• Advanced B2 (B1 – B2), required level of Dutch: B1
• Intensive Advanced B2 (B1 – B2), required level of Dutch: B1
• Spreekvaardigheid B1+, required level of Dutch: B1
• Schrijfvaardigheid B1+, required level of Dutch: B1
Do you want to join the Beginners A2 course or higher? If you have already finished a course at Direct Dutch, the teacher will inform you about the possibilities. In almost all cases you can enroll for the next course right away.
If you haven’t completed a course at Direct Dutch before, you are required to make an appointment for a (free) oral test. During a 15/20 minute conversation your level of Dutch will be assessed and you can enroll for the course right away.
Before you make the appointment, you can test your grammatical knowledge of Dutch, at home, by taking this free online test. After you have finished this online test, you can send an email (with your score) to email@example.com to make an appointment. Oral tests can be scheduled on Monday to Thursday between 12:00 – 13:00 hrs and 17:00 – 18:00 hrs.
If you still have no idea what course to take, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or 070 – 365 46 77.
Good luck with the course!